Monday, September 29, 2008

Bustin' our chops ;-)

Last night while we were eating dinner, Claudia decided to grab some chop sticks. Up to now she would poke around with them, or we would make kid's chops with a rubber band and folded up paper to help her pinch with them. Peter and I eat with chops probably at least 3 times a week, but we aren't consistent about giving them to Claudia. So last night it was amazing to see her grab a pair from the drawer, then start to grab pieces of chicken with them. One right after the other. It was pretty cute. And we thought it was pretty amazing how well she handled them and figured out the right leverage by how she held them.

So I'm back from my blogging hiatus. I can't believe it's been 3 months since the last posting. I'm finally over the morning sickness now that I'm nearly 6 months pregs. We're all quite excited. Claudia says funny things and has asked funny questions about it. Shortly after we seriously started talking to her about it, about 5 or 6 weeks ago, she pointed at my belly and asked if it was balanced. I paused and said, um ya. She then asked if it had air. I said not yet. She asked if it had helium. I cracked up. Then a couple weeks ago she told me my belly was going to get smaller when Peanut #2 comes out. While I thought that was an astute observation, I told her it was going to get bigger still. She asked how Peanut #2 was going to get out. I said oh you don't wanna know Sistah. She said "I'm not Sistah". Averted for the time being...!

No comments: