Monday, August 02, 2010

Summer fun!

We headed to the lake to spend a few days with my sister and her fam. Claudia had a chance to kneeboard. She had lots of fun. I kneeboarded as well. It's hard to sit that way for very long, but I had fun trying. I also gave water skiing a shot, though I couldn't even pull myself out of the water. Maybe next time. Peter hadn't skied for many years, but he got up on his second try. Not bad! He did slip on a banana a couple times though!
We left Juliet with my folks; I didn't think she would enjoy being in the water too much. Good thing. On the second day (the only full day we were there) Claudia was in the water from 10am to 5pm with just a few breaks for lunch and snacks. She enjoyed jumping off the dock and this picture is of Peter throwing her off the dock. That only happened once. She ended up landing on her face. :-/

This is the rare picture of the four of us, and definitely a rare picture of the two of them where Claudia's not making a goofy face!! We had brunch with all the Spains at Alvamar on Sunday and were able to have our own private room which proved to be a great thing. We closed off both doors and let the girls run around. Juliet tried to make a break for it every time the door opened. Whew! She keeps us on our toes!

No comments: