Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Woohoo! Look who's 2!


Yay! This little two year old is very proud of herself. She's very TWO. She's trying to assert her independence, so I've quickly learned the quickest way from point A to point B is to ask her if she needs help. Most times she'll say "yeah". But if you attempt to do something for her without asking that simple question... well, you just wish you had.

Mom & Dad made it in last night so they were here to celebrate again. We headed out to Aqui for dinner - one of the few places we can keep both girls entertained with chips, and one of us can indulge in a margarita. Then we were home, opening gifts, eating cake, and then the wild and craziness ensued. I'm amazed they both settled down so quickly even if it was past their bedtimes. Juliet hasn't figured out the "just tear it till you get most of the paper off" method. So Claudia did most of the unwrapping. I think that suited Claudia just fine because you could tell she couldn't stand just sitting there watching.

I made the woodstock cake that I had wanted for last year. Not exactly how I had it in my head, as I was wanting something on the caliber of Claudia's 1st bday Snoopy cake. Boy that was awesome. But I did my best given the tools I had (nothing but a knife, really).
The letters got scraped as I took it out of the fridge last night, unfortunately. Maybe I'll see if Michael's has a piping class. That could be fun!

Here's Juliet blowing out her candles (with a little help). And true to form, Claudia tries to come in and steal the scene.

No comments: