Friday, August 31, 2012

Backyard camping....and OUCH!

We've made it a tradition of camping in the backyard on the weekends in the summertime. Sometimes Juliet heads back into the house, but she seems to be staying out with us more often.



In this last picture, it was probably the last time that Juliet was smiling that night. :-(  She decided she wanted to sleep inside so I sent her into Peter. 15 or so minutes later I could hear her crying and assumed she just wasn't ready for bed. Then Peter came to the window and asked me to come in. He was holding her and as I was walking back into the house I could see something dark running down her face. She had tripped on her way into the brush her teeth in our bathroom and clipped her eyebrow on the corner of a nightstand. The bleeding stopped and she was able to sleep (Peter and I didn't though). But by Sunday morning it had started bleeding again so I took her to minor emergency where she ended up with 5 stitches. She was a trooper (I was directed by the Dr to rest afterward to let the blood rush back to my head. Whew!). 


No comments: