Saturday, September 08, 2007

Look at the monkey swinging!

A typical Sunday includes a trip to Happy Hollow Park and Zoo. We were on the park side and Claudia discovered that she could swing at this slide.

While I was ironing this morning Claudia was flipping through an animal book and came across an elephant. She started talking about what the elephant does with his trunk; he picks up leaves, he drinks water, he drinks juice, he drinks Jamba Juice. Then she moved on to the octopus and told me "Elephants and octopuses drink Jamba Juice!"...When we're stopped at a red light she says "Gotta take turns" and then when it turns green she says "it's green. now we can go!"... We've been talking about our trip to Kansas a lot. We leave tomorrow. When I ask her who's going on the airplane to Kansas she says "Claudia and Mommy and the monkey". The monkey is a backpack/harness that she'll wear in the airport to keep my sanity... I'll try to remember to get a photo of that.

No comments: